If you are searching for a brand new holiday experience this time, check out a deep sea fishing charter. It can be a memorable experience to you along with your friends and family. However, many people are doubtful about it as this is a comparatively newer concept. Users doubt whether this will match to their tastes? whether it is risky? too much of cost? etc. Here we will discuss a few things for those who are interested in charter fishing to know more about it.
The charter boats are there in various categories and with different features. You can communicate with the captain and the crew to understand the amenities, fishing process, and what you can expect. Make sure you book the right boat to avoid any nasty surprises after getting on to the trip. Some points to consider as below.
- Type of the trip – whether you are looking for a private charter or just sharing a trip with strangers.
- Duration of the trip – You can charter a boat for anywhere from 6 hours to 48 hours duration generally.
- Capacity of the boat – Check out how many people can be safely accommodated on to the boat. This is important when you are looking for a family trip with all the folks.
- Age restrictions – Check out if there is any age restrictions if you are taking along your children for the trip.
- Fishing gear – Most of the charter boats offer bait, rods, reels, and tackle, but make sure whether you need to carry anything while boarding.
- Features – Check whether the boat has all electronic controls like GPS, VHF radio, and Loran etc. These will help identify the precise fishing locations and also for emergency contact for help.
- Food – Ask what type of food they serve onboard.
There are various types of fishes to catch during Adelaide fishing trips and there are unique game plans for hunting each. These are the three major types of fishing you can explore;
- Trolling is the most exciting deep sea fishing experience where your bait will be moving on water. The boat will be moving at a slow speed in a straight line. Some major fishes to catch during trolling are Kingfish, Cobia, Sailfish, Mackerel, and Wahoo etc.
- Bottom fishing is another technique in which you drop the lines aiming at fishes at the extreme bottom of the sea. Many charters make artificial reefs at different spots to make fish habitats and offer fishers a better chance for an amazing catch. Fishes to catch with bottom fishing are Snapper, Grouper, Scampi, Amberjack, and Triggerfish etc.
- Offshore fishing as is another type of fishing charters, aimed for adventurers who want to head out for fishing at deep ocean currents. Some of the fishes to expect are white and blue Marlin, Dolphin, Black Fin Tuna etc. However, landing such large fishes require extra effort, which is an expert’s job, which you need to accomplish with the help of a guide.
You also need to ask about the availability of essential medicines, seasickness remedies, sun protection, and other security measures etc. while booking a charter boat. An ideal option is to hire Strike1 fishing charters, which offers expert help and counseling to understand different aspects of deep sea fishing as well as various customized charter fishing packages and boats.